Why you should invest in Turkey
Turkey has been an attraction to an enormous amount of investors around the world, there are many reasons why investors are choosing Turkey as their next investment hub.
It was ranked 13th and climbed from 18th place to 11th globally from 2003 to 2020.
- The Turkish economy has witnessed record growth in recent years. While it was ranked 13th and climbed from 18th place to 11th globally from 2003 to 2020.
- According to IMF data In 2013, Turkey became the sixth-largest economy in Europe and 16 globally, attracting more than $ 135 billion in international capital (foreign investment) over the past 10 years.
- According to the Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD), Turkey is expected to be among the fastest-growing economies in 2012-2017, During this period, exports increased by more than 245%.
Source: IMF WEO, October 2021
Population in Turkey:
Turkey has the largest youth population among the EU member countries.
- Turkey’s population was registered as 83.6 million in 2020. It is expected to reach 86.9 million by 2023, and 100.3 million by 2040, according to the Turkish Statistical Institute (TurkStat). The population is projected to maintain its growth momentum until 2069 when it will peak at 107.6 million.
- Turkey offers excellent opportunities with its growing, young, and dynamic population – the driving force behind a strong labor pool and a lucrative domestic market.
Turkey has global market access at the nexus of Europe, Asia, and Africa
- Turkey’s strategic location enables easy reach to markets across 16 different time zones, from Tokyo to New York.
- Turkey offers easy access to 1.3 billion people and a combined market worth USD 26 trillion in GDP in Europe, MENA, and Central Asia within a 4-hour flight radius.
Hub for Multinationals
Multinationals are increasingly choosing Turkey as a preferred hub for the manufacturing, exports, as well as management.
- Toyota Company:
Exports over 85% of its production in Turkey.
- Ford Company:
Exports 77% of its production in Turkey.
- Nestle Company:
Uses Turkey as a production base for the MENA region.
- BOSS Company:
Has its largest production facility globally in Turkey.
And Turkey also serves as a management hub for several multinational companies.
A qualified and competitive workforce in Turkey
Turkey is the third-largest labor force in Europe.
When investing in a place requires the presence of qualified youth and a skilled workforce, Turkey’s overall labor force is around 33.3 million people, which makes the country the third-largest labor force in Europe.
Turkey’s young population is an important contributor to labor force growth and has boosted the country’s rank over peer countries. Turkey has posted the largest labor force growth among the EU countries.
Source: IMF WEO- turkstat